The world is coming into the grip of your hands. Physical outlets are transitioning to online platforms, and the online world is working on things that are convenient to all.
As a result, Google has come up with Google My Business (GMB), which is now known as Google Business Profile (GBP).
A Google Business Profile matters more than you think it is. You could be missing out on so many opportunities if it isn’t optimized correctly.
GBP allows your customers to give reviews and it encourages the business to answer them all or as many reviews as possible.
If your customers use your keywords in their reviews it is likely to help your business rank higher. In this way, more searchers would read the reviews even before visiting your store. There is the importance of GBP for local businesses.
Importance of GBP for Local Businesses
- Highlights your business on the web – Your business’ visibility on the search bars increases. Making Google Business Profile would increase your chances of making it onto the list and it is a significant trick that many businesses ignore but works pretty well to boost your business’s visibility to the targeted customers.
- Increases traffic and sales of your business – Businesses are more likely to attract more local customer visits by having a Google Business Profile, hence the traffic and sales would increase.
- Boost your petition with reviews – Customer reviews are one significant and influential factor. Most people check reviews before buying. It will not only rank higher but also help you to evaluate whether you are on the right track or not.
- You can share your information with your customers through Google Business Profile – Your business’ address, working hours, contact information, and prices. You can share your update, offers, or any announcements, these would pop up on Google Maps and Search and it ensures your business is in touch with your customers.
- Free Google Advertising – You can promote your business by having a Google Business Profile but for the Google ad campaigns, you need to have a massive amount of budget.
- Work with local SEO – Another way is to improve your SEO, but it takes some time to build your business ranking in the Search and Maps.
- Answer the queries of your customers – There is a Google messaging feature that can help your business chat with your customers directly through this feature and you will have ideas regarding what your customers need to know. However, it gives you a choice of whether to activate the message feature or to turn it off.
Google Business Profiles are as good as how a business makes them. So making your Google Business Profile appearance needs to be eye catchy for the brand to flourish in the online world. Local businesses face a high risk of business failure because of all the existing established business that dominates the market.
Also Read: How to Create and Optimize GBP
Most Common Reasons Why Your Business Is Not Showing Up in Google Searches or Maps
- Your Google Business Profile account may have been suspended.
- Also if your business is located far from the center of the town or the city.
- If your Google Business Profile account is not verified, you won’t be showing up in the google search or maps.
- You don’t have Keywords in your business name.
- You did not add enough details about your business.
- Your business needs more Google reviews from the customers to rank higher.
- You are using shared office space. Google does not like having more than one profile at the same address.
There Are Many Risks to Your Google Business Profile That Can Be Avoided by Taking Precautions
- Only the business owner’s email address should be set as the primary owner.
- Limit access to your Google Business Profile. The fewer people have access, the less complicated it will be.
- Grant permission based on relevant needs.
- Add a second email address to have access to your Google Business Profile to have control as an owner, if you are unable to access it from the original email account.
- Address any security issues and Google account privacy immediately.
There are risks associated with Google Business Profile that somebody can claim the ownership of your business before you.
If someone else claims it before you, it will notify you.
If anything like this happens, do these
- You need to request your ownership to find your Business Profile.
Enter your business name and address.
Find your business on Google Maps or search.
Then click on Claim this business.
- Click to Continue.
- Click on Request access and then there will be a form. Fill it out!
- Then click on Submit.
There is an Importance of GBP for local business. It is good to understand Google Business Profile and its value. Using Google Business Profile is free and it doesn’t replace your business website at all. It gives the already existing website a public identity with a profile on Google.
To attract customers first and hold them for a longer period of time and win their trust is extremely important to do business nowadays as the competition is at a peak level. And to do so, it is really important to know the Importance of GBP for local businesses.
Businesses are making their transition to the online world. And to get the most benefits, the most basic and the most suitable thing to do is make a Google Business Profile, which is that complicated to form.